- Verb-initial clauses in Austroasiatic (more here)
- Myanmar as a linguistic area between South- and Southeast Asia (more here)
- Htanaw (Danau) language description and literacy (more here)
- The typology of Austroasiatic languages (more here and here)
- Areal phenomena and minority languages in Southeast Asia (more here)
- Mon Grammar (more here)
The people behind the languages, their cultures, literature and music, as well as their everyday lives. To understand and be able to describe what’s going on in any language you have to understand the people who speak the language. Therefore I don’t see linguistic work as a purely theoretical discipline (although theory and discipline are prerequisites to do linguistics) or language as a goal in itself, but rather as a way and means of reaching other goals. Field work therefore is an important part of my work. More about Mon literature can be found here, an example of Khün literature here.